I have been blessed to know many fabulous women. I know divas, fashion plates, and movers and shakers. But the women I admire most are those quietly remarkable forces of nature. You know – the ones that don’t make a big fuss but manage to do amazing things while making it look effortless. These women seem to be driven by some invisible force to make a difference in their little piece of the world. These aren’t your flash in the pan, one-hit-wonder type of chicks. No—these are remarkable women who consistently show class, grace and strength even under tremendous adversity. Whenever I feel overwhelmed or wonder if I can make a difference, I look at their lives. I look at them and know that by persevering I can be like them.
Over the years I’ve studied these ladies (mainly because I desperately want to be one!) as I’ve tried to learn the secret to their success. Here are a few things that I’ve learned:
- These ladies are consistent. Every day they get up focused on their end result.
- They’re not easily shaken. These ladies seem to understand that even though bad things happen, there will be a brighter day and the sun will come out.
- They’re giving. Ever notice how selfish women usually find themselves lacking in all areas (time, money, resources, and friends)?
- They’re transparent. They don’t mind you taking a peek into their lives, even at the not so glamorous parts. After all, they know that keeping it real can strengthen someone else who is going through.
- They are genuine. They genuinely care. They genuinely love. They genuinely make a difference.
I do want to be one of these women. And I want my daughter to be one too. So every day I’m working on it. And I’ll continue working until I achieve my goal.
What characteristics in other women do you admire and aspire to?